Filing bankruptcy, whether it’s chapter 7 or chapter 13, is a big decision. Let’s take a look at all the amazing ways filing bankruptcy can help you get a fresh start and help you take advantage of starting over this New Year with your financial situation:
- Bankruptcy can help you eliminate all unsecured debt. Credit cards, personal loans, medical debt, collections, and many other forms of debt are all dischargeable in bankruptcy.
- Student loan debt is becoming easier to discharge in bankruptcy. Congress and President Biden are striving to make it easier than ever before to discharge your student loan debt. Let us help you take advantage of this possibility.
- Bankruptcy stops all garnishments, lawsuits, foreclosure, collection calls, and creditor harassment. Relieve yourself of all the stress by getting rid of these annoying creditors.
- You get to keep most of what you have. Filing bankruptcy doesn’t mean you have lose your home, car, personal property, or other valued possessions. You can keep most, if not all, of your personal property!
- Bankruptcy does not ruin your credit forever. While it’s true that chapter 7 bankruptcy will stay on your credit for 10 years and 7 years for chapter 13, you can begin to rehabilitate almost immediately after filing. Let us help you find out how.
- Bankruptcy can stop collections from the IRS or state government. Do not let the IRS continue to assess liens, levies, garnishments, or other collection efforts against you.
- You can buy a new car almost immediately after filing bankruptcy! In fact, you will get tons of offers from various lenders wanting to earn your business to buy a car after your case is filed.
- You can buy a new house or refinance your existing house even though you filed bankruptcy. For chapter 7 filers, the wait is 2 years to qualify for an FHA mortgage and even faster if you’re a Veteran. For chapter 13 filers, you can buy or refinance after 12 on-time payments into your chapter 13 plan.
- Bankruptcy can help you catch up on child support or spousal maintenance arrears. While these debts are not dischargeable in bankruptcy, you can catch up on any arrears by filing chapter 13 and paying them in your chapter 13 payment plan.
- You can get new credit cards quickly after filing bankruptcy. In most cases, you can apply and be granted a credit card within a few months after filing. New credit cards will help you rehabilitate your credit score!
- Filing bankruptcy allows you to reaffirm or redeem certain debts. For example, if you want to keep your car, you can reaffirm the loan, which means agreeing to continue making your existing payments. Or you might be able to redeem the loan, which means getting a new loan on your car at the current fair market value. If you are underwater on your car loan, redemption is a good way to keep your car and eliminate negative equity.
- Filing bankruptcy is a one-time flat fee for legal services. This may be a better option than debt settlement or debt consolidation which requires you to make monthly payments hoping to settle your debt for less than you owe. Why bother with that when you can pay one flat fee to eliminate all your debt at once! However, if you want debt settlement or debt consolidation, we can help you with that too! Give a call today to see how we can help you get out of debt.
- Chapter 13 allows you to keep all of your money and property. No matter what you have, you will not lose anything by filing chapter 13.
- Bankruptcy is not as scary as you might think. There’s generally only one short hearing you will have to attend. And it’s on the phone or zoom, so you don’t even have to go to court. I’ll be there with you the whole time.
- We’ll run your credit to find out who you owe money to, and if it’s not on your credit, it’s easy to get us those creditor documents so we can prepare your case. We make the process as simple and easy as possible.
- We offer free consultations in person, on the phone, or on zoom video. We will accommodate your schedule to make things on your time.
- No one knows you filed unless you tell them. It’s true that bankruptcy is public record. But no one knows unless they know where to look. Bankruptcy is not something that is broadcast to the public with easy access to finding it. Only someone who runs your credit will know that you filed bankruptcy.
- We offer easy monthly payment plans to pay your legal fees. We can take your case with no money down and start you on a payment plan that works for you.
- You can file bankruptcy even if you have filed another previous case. Just because you already had one bankruptcy doesn’t mean you can’t file again if you need to. We can help you find out when you can file again.
- If you’re going to file bankruptcy, find an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. The bankruptcy code is complex and deals with many issues. Don’t try to file without an attorney. Call us today for a consultation so we can discuss your case and help you file bankruptcy.
At Jim Gaudiosi, Attorney at Law, we’re hoping all of you have a blessed New Year. If you have been struggling financially, let’s talk about your options for bankruptcy, debt settlement or debt consolidation. It’s time to get out of debt. Call us today – 623-777-4760 or visit our website at www.gaudiosilaw.com.